Like with all casino games, developing a winning baccarat strategy can massively enhance your enjoyment of the game – and, of course, help make your time at the table more profitable.
Baccarat is a exciting game of chance that can test the nerves and fortitude of even the most veteran gambler.
If you are looking to play a casino game with a low house edge that is straightforward to play, then Baccarat is an excellent game for you, and playing is as easy as betting on a coin flip.
In his baccarat strategy guide we will cover the following:
How to Play Baccarat
Baccarat rules are easy to understand; it is a remarkably simple game and has one of the best odds of all casino games. Baccarat is played with three dealers and up to 12 or 14 players.
Baccarat is usually played with eight standard decks. Aces are valued as one, face cards, and ten cards are all valued as zero, and the rest of the cards worth their card face value. In Baccarat, the suit has no meaning. The objective of Baccarat is to get your cards numerical value as close to 9 as you can.
The game begins with all players, including the dealer, placing a bet either on the player, banker, or on a tie. Usually, the dealer bets on the banker.
Once every player has placed their bets at the table, the card dealer gives two cards to each player and the banker. The total of these two cards is then added up, and the numerical value for that hand is the right side digit of the total value of the cards. So, if you have a nine and a four, then the sum total would be 13, so your score would be 3. If you have 7 and 3, then the total comes to ten, so your score would be 0.
The scores in Baccarat always range from 0 to 9, and there is no busting in Baccarat. A third card may or may not need to be dealt for either or both the player and the banker, depending on the card totals; if either the player or the banker has a total of an eight or a 9, they both stand. If the player’s total is five or less, then the player hits; otherwise, the player stands. If the player stands, then the banker hits on a total of 5 or less. If the player does hit, then you can use the chart below to determine if the banker hits (H) or stands (S).
With our winning baccarat strategy, you will maximize your odds of winning, but to do well at the game, there are several myths that you should keep in mind and avoid. While avoiding these myths will not guarantee you winning, avoiding them should make your overall gaming experience more entertaining. Before we look at our baccarat strategy, let us debunk a couple of common myths that lead many novice players to lose.
Looking for patterns: Looking for a pattern in Baccarat is just as pointless as it is in roulette; both games are of complete chance where the previous hand never influences the next hand. This is a trap that many novice gamblers around the world fall into when playing any table game of chance. If you to bet on the toss of a coin, and it landed tails nine times in a row, many novice gamblers would say the chances of heads on the next toss would have increased, but of course, they have not. The chances remain the same: 50/50 for the next toss.
Systems: Casinos give out cards where you can write down the game’s history, but this is entertainment and will not increase the odds of winning. Finally, never buy a Baccarat system for money; the sales copy may sound impressive and convincing, but by the nature of Baccarat, they can never work.
The Best Winning Baccarat Strategy
Bear in mind that Baccarat is a game of chance. It is pointless to try and count cards because it will not help you in Baccarat. Instead, you should use your time to focus on the game – not the cards.
Some basic tricks you should follow before even taking a seat at a Baccarat table include:
- Choose a table with as few decks as possible in play.
- Try to find a table that the casino charges a commission on banker bets lower than 5%.
1-3-2-4 Baccarat Strategy
The 1-3-2-4 baccarat system is a gambling strategy devised in 2006, which works well on odds which are close to evens chance – particularly in Baccarat and Roulette.
It is a variation on the popular 1-3-2-6 system, designed to reduce the win/loss variance by only betting four units on the fourth bet instead of six, thus preserving an overall win, even if the last wager loses.
In the 1-3-2-6 system, you could accrue a healthy profit of six units by winning your first three bets (1, 3 and 2). You then gamble all of your winnings on the last bet. In the 1-3-2-4 system, you keep two units from the six already won.
How To Use The 1-3-2-4 Baccarat System
In the 1-3-2-4 system, the sequence of winning is simple: 1, 3, 2, 4!
- If your bet wins, you move on to the next bet in the sequence.
- If your bet loses, you must go back to the start of the sequence.
- If you complete the sequence by winning all four bets, you go back to the start of the sequence, having made 10 units profit!
You can win big with the 1-3-2-4 strategy if all four bets win, but this is a 1 in 16 chance.
The great aspect of the 1-3-2-4 strategy that makes it more effective than any other is that as long as you win your first two bets, a 1 in 4 chance, you are guaranteed an overall profit for that sequence, even if the third bet does not come in.
- If the first bet loses, you will lose 1 unit.
- If your second loses, your loss is 2 units (you will have bet 4 total, won 2)
- If your third bet loses, you will make a profit of 2 units, because you will be 4 units up after bet 2
- If the third and fourth bet win, the overall profit is 10 units.
- Even if the fourth bet does not win, you will still come out with a 2 Units Profit.
Knowing how to manage your bankroll is just as important as knowing how to win when it comes to Baccarat. Follow our management tips on top of the above strategy and you will be taking home a small fortune at your next casino visit.
- Divide up your bankroll and control how much you wager at each round.
- One of the most efficient ways to manage your bankroll during play is to pocket a percentage of the winnings each time you win.
- A smart baccarat player will always bet on the banker. Bets on the banker have the lowest house edge and give the highest Return To Player (RTP.)
- Know when to call it a day. Try to pace your bets and avoid losing it all early in the game.
- Do not gamble with money than you cannot afford. This sort of behaviour is against good quality bankroll management and will cost you in the long term. Always gamble responsibly.