CFL Future Odds
CFL future odds markets give fans the chance to bet on Canadian Football League outrights, such as division winners and Grey Cup champions.
Unlike CFL odds on specific matches, CFL futures markets are typically available well in advance of the competition conclusion and remain open until the final outcome is known.
- CFL Future Odds: What Are The Betting Markets?
- Picking CFL Futures
- Which US Sportsbook Has the Best CFL Odds?
- CFL Championship Winners
Many fans enjoy betting on futures as it offers a chance to get big odds on long-term events, so fans can show off their knowledge of the teams and their situation, such as roster strength, the ability of the coach and player fitness.
CFL future odds betting markets include:
- Grey Cup winner – which team will prevail over the course of the season and win the Grey Cup?
- Division Winner – The CFL’s teams are divided into two divisions - East and West. Some sportsbooks give fans the chance to predict the winners of each division as part of their CFL futures offering.
- CFL Player futures – some sportsbooks even offer outrights on players, including who will be named Most Valuable Player (MVP) for the season, who will throw the most yards and who will rush the most yards.
You might already have a preferred betting site, but we recommend checking out new US sportsbooks that offer sports betting sign-up offers and free bets to find the best value futures CFL odds.
If you’re happy to play the long-game and don’t mind comparing different US sportsbooks for the best CFL futures odds, then the futures betting market is a good one to try.
The USLB team has done most of the hard work for you when it comes to shortlisting reputable US sportsbooks with high odds, so check-out our featured sportsbook bonus offers and odds conversion tool!.
CFL futures betting favours those who really know the teams, the players and the general landscape of the game.
The biggest odds are available before a ball is kicked, but that also carries greater risk. Some savvy bettors prefer to wait a few weeks into the season, to evaluate how each roster is taking shape in the early stages of the season and try to use this information to inform their bets.
Some things to consider when betting on CFL futures:
- How did the team perform last season?
- Does the team have a proven track record of success?
- Who is the coach?
- How strong is the roster and has it been improved during the draft?
- Are any key players injured or prone to injury?
- How strong is the team traditionally at home and on the road
- Importantly, what are the odds? Has the sportsbook priced your selection well or is there good value to be had?
It can be quite fun to try and predict the winners early in the season, and it may also be profitable as the odds are higher at the beginning. However, if you wager a large amount, it will be tied up for a long time.
How to figure out the wager amounts? If the Winnipeg Blue Bombers' future odds to win the Grey Cup are +800, and if I wager $100 now, this would make me $800 profit in the eventuality they win.
Interested in current betting lines? Check out our CFL odds page for more insights.
The CFL makes decent business for US sportsbooks, and they have numerous markets for the sport. Be sure to check-out our trustworthy sportsbook review pages and make the most of sign-up offers before you place a bet, as even a very slight improvement on the odds is worth snapping-up.
These sportsbooks are all competing and take different approaches to setting odds, so check-out our odds comparison tool to quickly compare and convert odds!
These are the CFL Grey Cup winners since the turn of the millennium:
2020 Cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic
2019 Winnipeg Blue Bombers
2018 Calgary Stampeders
2017 Toronto Argonauts
2016 Ottawa RedBlacks
2015 Edmonton Eskimos
2014 Calgary Stampeders
2013 Saskatchewan Roughriders
2012 Toronto Argonauts
2011 British Columbia Lions
2010 Montreal Alouettes
2009 Montreal Alouettes
2008 Calgary Stampeders
2007 Saskatchewan Roughriders
2006 British Columbia Lions
2005 Edmonton Eskimos
2004 Toronto Argonauts
2003 Edmonton Eskimos
2002 Montreal Alouettes
2001 Calgary Stampeders
2000 British Columbia Lions
Most Grey Cup wins:
17: Toronto Argonauts
14: Edmonton Elks
11: Winnipeg Blue Bombers
8: Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Calgary Stampeders
7: Montreal Alouettes
6: BC Lions
4: Saskatchewan Roughriders
1: Ottawa Redblacks